[Yum] bug in yum 2.0.5

seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 23:13 +0200, Tuomo Soini wrote:
>

>>I just enabled mysql support in postfix rpm. When I upgraded postfix
>>package on my test machines, I got errors because yum installed postfix
>>first and after postfix it installed mysql.
>

> What do you mean "errors"
> What type of errors.

/usr/sbin/postconf command fails because it can't find mysql libraries.

>>When postfix: Requires: mysql
>>shouldn't yum install those req's first?
>

> it installs them in the order rpm orders them in.

Ok. Then rpm is broken.

> do you have the install output?

Requires(post): mysql
didn't help.

I'll try with PreReq: but if it fails too, it's yum's fault for sure.

 From what I know Requires(post): shoud be about exactly same as PreReq:

> This sounds like a broken package problem.

Nope. It's yum or rpm problem.

This requirement:
libmysqlclient.so.10 should make rpm install mysql first.

I have feeling that yum installs requested package always first and
Req's after that package. I might be wrong. That's what I have always
seen. Does yum feed package and requrements equally to rpm for installation?

--
Tuomo Soini <tis@xxxxxxxxx>
Linux and network services