[Yum] Some issues/questions regarding maintaining a local yum repository.

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 18:45, Chris Geddings wrote:
> You wouldn't by some chance be storing your [updates] and [base] in
> seperate config
> files would you?
>
> Indeed, yum should (and generally does) consult all the available
> repositories when
> resolving dependancies.  So, something odd must be going on.
>
> Do your repositories have the "headers" directories in place?  Have
> the repositories
> had yum-arch run against them?
>
> --Chris
Command I used to create headers for the base url:

[root@Soochak 9]# yum-arch /var/ftp/pub/yum-repository/redhat/9/
Digesting rpms 100 % complete: kernel-smp-2.4.20-8.athlon.rpm
   Total: 1369
   Used: 1369
   Src: 0

Writing header.info file

My Yum.conf

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=10
errorlevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
gpgcheck=0

[base]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://192.168.100.2/ftp/yum-repository/redhat/$releasever/$basearch/

[updates]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - Updates
baseurl=http://192.168.100.2/ftp/yum-repository/redhat/updates/$releasever/

On another computer which did not have any dependencies from the [base]
url ran fine with yum update. In fact, I have never updated a system as
painlessly as with yum ;-)

But, as all good things...they seem to make you value them by working at
them ;-) Yum is somehow not checking the [base] url during yum update
command.

Hope someone can point out the issue.

Sanjay.