[Yum] First Run...: Yum.conf....& command..please advise if correct

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 16:53 +0530, Sanjay Arora wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 14:57, Sanjay Arora wrote:
>
> > > You may be able to install sendmail and configure it off plus replace
> > > the /usr/sbin/sendmail symlink to point at qmail (so the 2 don't
> > > interfere with one another) - you should look at alternatives (the
> > > package) to see how to set the links to your MTA).
> > >
> > Thats seems to be the only thing left. Does yum provide a way to update
> > without applying a particular dependency rpm, if specially asked
> > somewhere on command line or conf file? Looked for such a thing in vain.
> > Anybody know anything?
> >
> > Does Apt package provide such a feature?
>
> Would the --exclude option in yum make it drop sendmail as a dependency
> to be installed?

No. exclude just makes yum ignore the existence of certain packages from
remote.

yum has no --nodeps and it has no --force option. And No it won't get
one. If you're system deps are horribly hosed up then you're out of
luck. I don't want to write a bunch of code that will enable people to
further break their system.

-sv