[Yum] Its just a little slow

yum is somewhat slow on VIA C3 processor based boxes - ie I have an EPIA
with C3 800Mhz here.   Installing a package can take 10-15 minutes in
the dependency resolution stage (I have a few repositories in the list
but not a huge number).

If theres something I can do to help trace the problem let me know.

If it helps, I had some perl scripts which ran horribly slow on this box
in perl.  Adding
	use integer;
	use bytes;
made a huge difference (use bytes turns off the UTF-8 string handling
and I think its that which has a serious effect on speed).

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]