[Yum] need a good comparison between yum and rh, current, nrh

> | I am looking for good arguements to avoid using current, nrh-up2date, and
> | of course the RHN. Then I want to lean towards yum.
> | <snip>
>
> (Keeping an open mind, please remember apt-get in your debate.)

Ah yes, I need to mention that in the meeting.

> 1. yum is free and open source servers.
> 2. yum can be scheduled automatically and logs produced.
> 3. yum can be scheduled for reports and then acted upon manually if security
> is of concern.
> 4. yum will do the job of RHN without the gui/crap so it can be remotely
> administered.
> 5. yum has quick support and manual intervention if and when necessary.
> 6. yum does not maintain product license like RHN
>
> hmm, anything else?

Yeah, without actually typing in
yum install PACKAGE
how do you get yum to install required packages?
I think the RHN network tells the clients which packages they need to install
and then they install them. Can this be done with yum without anymore
scripting on the client side?
Updates are easy, but for rpms that are new, it seems like you have to manually
run yum.
I can get around this, but that would be one plus for RHN, unfortunately.
Thanks!
Mark