[Yum] FC1 upgrade from rh8, 2.6.7 kernels

On Monday 12 July 2004 11:14, Michael Stenner wrote:
>On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 04:40:16PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >I'm extremely confident that this is some stupid file corruption
>> > or configuration error.  If you need to reinstall, it will be
>> > because it's just easier than tracking down the real problem.
>> > In that case, your data should all be fine.  You can copy over
>> > to another hard drive temporarily or something.
>> >
>> >This still smells like a wacky python thing to me.  Do you have
>> > the PYTHONPATH environment variable set?
>>
>> Apparently not, it (#>echo $PYTHONPATH) comes back empty except
>> for the cr/lf.  I'm quite fam with editing .bashrc, so what do I
>> put in there, the path to the 2.2 install it says its already
>> useing?  That would appear to be carrying coal to Newcastle, but
>> whatdoIknow..
>
>No.  Don't edit it.  Leaving it empty will be cleaner.  I just
> wanted to make sure you didn't have something crazy there.  How
> about the "rpm -V"'s?

Thats all been checked, with the only thing noted being the yum.conf
because I'd added the FC1 stuffs to it.  The python install seems to
be exact.  I've also compared the rpms to the install with mc's rpm
unpacking facilities.  No surprises there.  But it still isn't
working due to that posted error.

--
Cheers & thanks Michael, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.