[Yum] yum dep resolution-offer of help

Hi,

I have noticed that the dependency resolution stage of yum can be
painfully slow.  To give an example, I am running yum 2.0.4 on redhat 9
and "yum install xine" has been at that stage for several minutes now
with the CPU at near 100 percent utilisation.  It seems to me, perhaps
naively, that using the correct data structure and caching this should
take no more than a second or two.  As a result I would like to offer to
help redesign the algorithm used.  So what I really need is some
technical information about what is required and who I should be in
touch with.

Kind regards,
Raphael