[Yum] Upgrading RH9 to Fedora Core 1 With Yum

All,

I have begun researching the use of Yum to upgrade my RH9 box to FC1,
and am looking for advice/experiences/et cetera.

I found this page:
http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/Upgrading_Red_Hat_Linux_with_yum.html
and it seems easy enough, but what am I missing?

Is yum a sufficient medium to use to upgrade RH?  Is this something
that'll take hours to download (512/128 dsl line)?  Should I stick to
the CDs to upgrade?  I dont mind the DL wait if its something that'll
progress relatively smoothly.

The RH box is just my home workstation, running apache, sendmail, seti,
and various other utilities; I havent done too much in the way of
customization, but I would like not to lose anything either.

Can someone kick me in the right direction?

Thanks.

.salvatore
http://www.sienar.org/
http://www.palmisanonet.com/