[Yum] conflict between ghostscript and foomatic

seth vidal wrote:
> something else is going on on this machine with the rpmdb and updates.
> You're sure that your rpmdb isn't being locked by something else at the
> same time, right? Nothing like up2date running or anything?
> Moreover - what version of rpm is this machine running?

Might be one problem I noticed osme time ago when I did upgrade via ssh
connection. My dsl connection broke during update and when I got dsl and
ssh up again, yum had installed all packages but no old packages were
removed and I needed to remove then with rpm -e.

So: if yum can't write to stdout/stderr it will install packages but
won't remove old ones?

--
Tuomo Soini <tis@xxxxxxxxx>
Linux and network services