[Yum] How to get yum to read package names from a file

> For that matter, let's forgo the loop entirely:
>
> mylist=`cat foo`
> yum install $mylist
>
> (The above worked happily on FC1, w/ yum 2.0.4, and bash.)

so something I talked about a while ago, implemented and never released
was a yum kickstart-like thing.

it used xml to describe the transaction you wanted

so you did things like
install foo
remove bar
update baz*

and then at the end yum would perform the transaction as one unit,
rather than as 3 separate transactions.

I never released it b/c it was godawful ugly the way it was implemented
and I needed to work on other pieces of the infrastructure to really
make it less ugly.

I'm working on this parts now.

-sv