[Yum] How to get yum to read package names from a file

This is probably a stupid question. I have a file (foo) containing
names of packages, one per line. I want to use yum to install
these packages.

I tried   "xargs foo | yum install"
but that does not work since yum wants to read from stdin.
I do not want to use "assume yes".

I ended up editing the file to make it a shell script
(by replacing newlines with spaces and putting "yum install"
in the front). Surely there must be a better way...

Thanks,

Alex