[Yum] Configure Yum for proxy and non-proxy use

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 philip.quinney@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> We're using Yum to reach the dulug repositories using our internal proxy server. All is fine, using the http_proxy environment variable to set this up.
>
> However, we want to add our own internal Yum repository in addition to the dulug ones so that we can push out our own custom rpm's. However, the requests get sent through to our Proxy in the DMZ which we don't want happening.
>
> Is there anyway to set up yum to ignore the proxy for a particular respository?

It's not currently supported. See the thread "Stupid feature request?" back
in January, when I asked the same thing.

FWIW, I'm in a similar situation to you. The simplest workaround in your
case is probably having your users run a shell script which does something
like:

http_proxy="" yum -c /etc/yum.conf.noproxy-sites
http_proxy="http://foo.bar.com:666/"; yum -c /etc/yum.conf.proxy-sites

Kinda ugly, and might cause inter-dependency issues, but it'll mostly work

later,
chris