[Yum] How not to mix packages from different repositories

On 12/22/2004 12:20:29 PM, lux wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a question that seems common to me, but I searched around and
> did not
> find an answer.
> I use yum on Fedora, currently Core 3. I produce some packages that
> merely
> extend the functionality of Fedora's ones.
> For example, Fedora has the squid-2.5.STABLE6-3 package; I compiled
> it
> with
> some patches and some modifications and created
> squid-2.5.STABLE6-3.lux.1 .
> Now, I would like that if for example Fedora issues
> squid-2.5.STABLE6-4, yum
> update do not update my version with it: this would break my services
> since

There are two ways -

The pure yum way - add

exlude=squid

to your fedora-updates.repo file (or your main yum conf file).

The second way - use smart (it's a gui repository manager) and give
your squid package a higher priority than the updates repository.

For now - the pure yum way of telling to ignore squid updates is
probably better.