[Yum] "include" option in yum.conf?

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 10:13 -0400, David Golden wrote:
> Seth,
>
> I realize you're probably up to your a** in alligators with 2.0 stuff, and
> I apologize if this floated by on the list and I missed it.
>
> Is it possible (via any currently undocumented feature :-) or could a
> future release please make it possible to have an "include" option within
> each server configuration block in yum.conf?  This would be the opposite
> logic of "exclude" of course.
>
> Now that there are tons of repositories popping up, this would facilitating
> picking up only a few packages from a particular repository without
> committing to all the packages there and without having to do a bunch of
> rsyncing of packages to one's own custom repository.

so, actually, I'm interested in that but I can't call it 'include'
include is already taken by the new config heredoc mechanism.

I'm actually thinking of leaving exclude in but adding excludepkgs and
includepkgs

exclude and excludepkgs would be synonyms.

my only question is the order of operations.

if you have
[repo]
name=foo
baseurl=someurl
includepkgs=foo, bar, baz
excludepkgs=baz, quux

which order should those be taken in? and before you say anything I
can't use the order they appear in the file, that has no meaning in
ConfigParser, not really.

-sv