[Yum] too many config files

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Ed Brown wrote:

> Yes, thank you, that is a possible solution, but it seems to me to be
> such an extreme workaround: implementing cgi scripts to generate config
> files to pass options to a program!
>
> How many people have done this?  How many might not have had to, had
> they been able to supply just one or two more parameters on the command
> line?

I don't know about how many, but I've done it for a distributed
environment.  I have a yumconf.rpm that alias's yum to yum -c
http://centralserver.lan/yumconf.php?<os designator>&otheroptions=stuff.
Then I can swing a whole group of servers to a new repository by just
editing yumconf.php on the central server.

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE       jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.rossberry.com
"Our political way of life is by the laws of nature, of nature's God, and
of course presupposes the existence of God, the moral ruler of the
universe, and a rule of right and wrong, of just and unjust, binding upon
man, preceding all institutions of human society and government."
John Quincy Adamns