[Yum] Yum version for Red Hat 7.2

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 17:07, John Fletcher wrote:
> popt upgrade fails as rpm 4.0.3 depends on the old one.
> rpm upgrade fails for lack of new popt plus a lot of other things
> depend on the old rpm.
>
> Is it O.K. to use force and then upgrade the things which depend on
> rpm?

You really don't want to do this (a --force) if you can avoid it.

The best thing, if possible, is to get the whole batch of packages
needed at once (ie rpm, popt and the things that depend on rpm - which
is stuff like the snmp daemon from what I remember), and upgrade them
all at once.

ie bung them all in /tmp/pkgs and do
	rpm -Fvh /tmp.pkgs/*.rpm

	Nigel.