[Yum] YUM help

Hello Michael and Seth,

my apologies for incomplete feedback

yes there is a proxy and here's what I got when I ran that line :

[root@canada /]# python /usr/share/yum/urlgrabber.py
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/yum/os/headers/header.info
header.info
throttle: 1.0,  throttle bandwidth: 32768 B/s
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (113, 'No route to host')>
[root@canada /]#

Also, use lynx or links or something and see what happens.

Sorry I am not yet familiar with either :-(

I ran lynx from prompt and got nothing

Hello,

YUM has been installed by rpm. Clean Install. Version 2.0.6-1

Yes I can reach both sites in yum.conf file from web browser
I have tried other yum.conf from
http://www.linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/repos/  but also got same error

this is my current yum.conf

(See attached file: yum.conf)

 Hello

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/headers/header.info

>   Executing failover method
> failover: out of servers to try
> Error getting file

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/headers/header.info

> [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error >
> [root at canada etc]# rpm -q yum
> yum-2.0.6-1
> [root at canada etc]#

can you get that file via your web browser?

Is there a proxy (transparent or otherwise) in the way?

Hrm... I just tried that url myself and it seems to work ok.  The line
with "[Errno 4]" is really not more verbose?  That's all you get?

This is some sort of network error.  Try that link from the same
machine and see what you get.  Do this from the same machine:

python /usr/share/yum/urlgrabber.py
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/headers/header.info
 header.info

(all one line)

Also, use lynx or links or something and see what happens.

Best Regards

"In God We Trust, The Rest We Monitor"
Peter Michael Silva
Systems Management