[Yum] yum & proxy, patch

> I think the dentist makes seth even less cheerful than usual :)  It's
> gonna be a little while.  At this point, it doesn't even function.
> There are significant chunks needing to be filled in.  The timescale
> is months.  I would expect not less than two.

I disagree  a bit - I've been making some fairly steady progress on
significant bits - right now it reads in the metadata, parses it, and
can calculate the list of updates/new pkgs/etc. I also just finished
writing the bits that handle the cli parsing for packagenames like:
foo-1.1-1.i386.rpm or foo-1.1-1 or foo-1.1 or foo.i386

There is still work to go but there are two hurdles that I have to  get
beyond and I'll be in a better place for alphas.

Also summer is almost upon us for duke and that typically speaks
positively to my available time. Recently I got setback b/c I wanted to
speed up the metadata importing so I spent some time playing with
xmlReader interface - gained about 25% but I think there are other
things I can do - not sure _what_ yet but "things" :)

> All of this is guesswork on my part.  If anyone ever complains that I
> have not accurately predicted reality or that reality has not
> conformed to my prediction, I will beat them with a shovel :)

You have not accurately predicted reality bring your shovel and we'll
see what you got ;)

-sv