[Yum] yum is root-only???

> but with the proper group permissions should be ok, right?

yes - but I didn't see the value in letting it continue.

If you're allowed to update the cache you better have superuser value.

> so it was kind of shortcut instead of full-blown permissions check? Not to be
> pita, but just out of curiosity I wonder if that's going to change since this
> is not the most elegant solution (we have more than one admin downloading
> packages) maybe it's worth another option in config: check for 'root' or
> check for group?

If you have more than one admin downloading packages at the same time
things will break.  I don't think letting the average user update the
cache just b/c they're a member of a group is necessarily a good idea.

-sv