[Yum] Re: conflict with file

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 05:21:00PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > That's not true. You can get my src.rpm and update to any daily or
> > whatever one likes. Packaging means making some decisions and
> > providing src.rpms means letting an (experienced) user apply his
> > own choices.
>
> if the point of packaging is to make it easier on the end user then
> telling them to get the srpm and fix it themselves is sorta missing
> the point.

There is nothing to fix. I was referring to users wanting to upgrade
to a different version which is not provided, e.g. a daily (=beta)
yum.

As I wrote previously the current design was itself user driven, and
it is a common idiom to split packages or software into different
components if they evolve with different speed. And given that atrpms
is the only repo supporting other repos in its config files it is
rather natural that the configuration files change more frequently
than the binaries.

> > http://dict.leo.org/?search=icky&searchLoc=0&relink=on&spellToler=standard&sectHdr=on&tableBorder=1&cmpType=relaxed?=en
> >
> > is right, then that's not a nice thing to say :(
>
> icky == crappy, not pretty, ungraceful, unkind, stinky.

Well, the translation was then a bit off, but it is nevertheless not
nice to say.
--
Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx