[Yum] Re: conflict with file

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 02:09:11PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 12:59, Tom wrote:
> > I uninstalled Yum before trying to install the new daily.  When I
> > attempted the install I got this error message:
> > file /etc/yum.conf from install of yum-2.0.3-20030927 conflicts with
> > file from package atrpms-13-16.rh9.at
> >

> > I've renamed the yum.conf files to something else so a file by that name
> > does not exist.
>
> This is something goofy with Axel's rpm. Not a bug in yum -

Neither goofy, nor a bug. yum and apt on my repo have split out their
config into another package (called atrpms, but the name does not
matter).

This is due to the fact, that I keep adding apt and yum repos to the
config files, and don't want to rebuild and redistribute apt and yum
binaries. There was even a suggestion by Rex Dieter to do so in
general, so that multiple repos could use the same binary, but it
wasn't accepted by any further repo.

So it's a feature not a bug.

> it is something to do with how he does his atrpms package and
> something I don't agree with.

Well, didn't even know that until now. What's wrong with splitting a
package into bin and config components?
--
Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx