[Yum] YUM HOWTO

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Hedemark, Magnus wrote:

> From: jonathan pickard [mailto:jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>
> > I have a YUM HOWTO for newbies pretty much complete. I have
> > the advantage
> > of being a relative newbie to Linux and YUM so the issues I had with
> > getting YUM to work properly are still fresh to me.
> >
> > If anyone is interested in reading it and adding to it I can forward a
> > copy to them and bang out a HOWTO in a few days. Any takers?
>
> I think it would be worthwhile to post a URL to the list for review.

And don't forget that I've already started a HOWTO that is already been
posted to the list (via URL) for review.

It is deficient, sure (I'm working on it at this very moment to try to
remedy this and make usage of terms like "server" and "repository"
consistent with what was discussed on the list this morning and to fill
in a few more of the missing sections).  However, I've got a long way to
go and it would certainly be lovely if anyone wanted to write and
contribute some of the missing material.

It's written in linuxdoc sgml and I'd be happy to post the source to
anyone interested.  I also continue to be happy to receive comments or
suggestions.  I apologize for how long it has taken to get back on it,
but I've been pretty busy...

   rgb