[Yum] localhost can't update itself

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 01:47:09PM -0500, Millard, Matt wrote:
> OK just figured it out...checking my root environment I had
> http_proxy set.  I unset this and it's working now.  It looks like I
> did this some time to test using a proxy to get to outside repos.
> Sorry for the confusion, but the error wasn't helping me much.  Just
> for reference I'd set http_proxy like this:
>
> export http_proxy=http://myuserid:mypassword@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:80

Well, I'm not sure how that's _supposed_ to work, but it looks like
httplib is splitting on the ":" and interpreting
"mypassword@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:80" as the port specification.

> Also here is the run with your httplib.py (syntax problems?)
> [root@ul055 root]# export PYTHONPATH=.
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Huh?  This is simply setting and exporting a shell variable.  bash is
giving you a syntax error?  That looks like a python error code.  Did
you really cut and paste this in?

> [root@ul055 root]# python /usr/share/yum/urlgrabber.pyc http://midrange.principal.com/pub/updates/7.3/en/os/headers/header.info header.info
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "urlgrabber.py", line 14, in ?
>   File "./httplib.py", line 252
>     opts, args = getopt.header in headers.headers: print string.strip(header)
>                                                  ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I believe the httplib.py file that you have is corrupted.  I just
verified that the one I sent is correct.  The line listed in the
traceback above does not exist in the file I sent.  There have been
several lines of code removed.  In its current state, it does indeed
have invalid syntax.

				-Michael
--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxx