[Yum] PASV ftp support?

> My (very quick) assessment is that urlgrabber requires urllib which in
> turn requires lowerlevel libs to do the actual work.. In the case of ftp,
> the lower level lib is ftplib, which has a set_pasv() call, but was never
> documented in urllib/ftplib until 1.5.2 (eg: after yum....)  not sure what
> the deal is with python2.  All this infeered from a quick scan fo the
> source and
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-bugs-list/1999-August/000095.html

well a lot of stuff has changed since 1999. :)

> Assuming 1.x, possibly 1.98...  I think the platform is RHL-8.0

I'll need more to go on - rhl 8.0 is all weird - if they updated rpm to
4.1.1 then they could be running 2.x -  if not the 1.x

If you're getting an actual error I'd _love_ to see that, too.

> Well.. I think that firewall==NAT and possibly the gateway doesn't have
> one of the standard ftp modules laoded...  I partly was thinking that the
> ability to do PASV was/should be there, perhaps wrongly?

well, I'd like to see what's happening, I would expect it to work - but
the firewall/nat will need to be able to cope with pasv connections too.

Also - why not just use http -it gets around all the stupidity with ftp
and is much cleaner imo.

-sv