[Yum] Yum and RH AS 2.1

On Thursday 30 October 2003 10:20, Miguel Armas wrote:

> With this second patch I still have a problem: when I install a package
> with installroot, everything seems to work, but rpm doesn't correctly
> create the rpm indexes.

Well. I guess it isn't clear what's the problem. What I ment is this:

1. I check the installed packages:
[root@gate root]# rpm --root=/home/kk -qa
glibc-common-2.3.2-4.80.6
filesystem-2.1.6-5
glibc-2.3.2-4.80.6
setup-2.5.20-1
nmap-3.00-1
basesystem-8.0-1

2. I install a new package with yum-1.0.3
yum --installroot=/home/kk install lsof

3. I get the following errors:
Calculating available disk space - this could take a bit
error: cannot open Basenames index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
lsof 100 % done
error: cannot open Group index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Requirename index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Providename index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Dirnames index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Requireversion index using db3 - No such file or directory
(2)
error: cannot open Provideversion index using db3 - No such file or directory
(2)
error: cannot open Installtid index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Sigmd5 index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Sha1header index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Filemd5s index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Triggername index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
Installed:  lsof.i386
Transaction(s) Complete

4. BUT, it installed the package correctly:
[root@gate root]# rpm --root=/home/kk -qa
glibc-common-2.3.2-4.80.6
filesystem-2.1.6-5
glibc-2.3.2-4.80.6
lsof-4.63-2
setup-2.5.20-1
nmap-3.00-1
basesystem-8.0-1
[root@gate root]# ls -l /home/kk/usr/sbin/lsof
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        95352 Jun 23  2002 /home/kk/usr/sbin/lsof

5. I remove the package:
[root@gate root]# yum --installroot=/home/kk remove lsof

6. And I get the same errors:
[...]
Erased:  lsof.i386
Transaction(s) Complete

7. BUT it worked:
[root@gate root]# rpm --root=/home/kk -qa
glibc-common-2.3.2-4.80.6
filesystem-2.1.6-5
glibc-2.3.2-4.80.6
setup-2.5.20-1
nmap-3.00-1
basesystem-8.0-1
[root@gate root]# ls -l /home/kk/usr/sbin/lsof
ls: /home/kk/usr/sbin/lsof: No such file or directory

Sorry for the loooong output...

Salu2!
--
Miguel Armas <kuko@xxxxxxxxxxx>