[Yum] my first yum dependencies failure

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 15:47, Cliff Kent wrote:
> All,
>
> First, thanks very much to all involved with creating yum. I've had
> little trouble setting up private repositories for the Red Hat versions
> and some extras that we use here. Altogether a much better tool than I'm
> ever likely to need.
>
> It was going so well that I'm puzzled by my first problem:

> This looked like it's working and got lots of headers from:
>
> http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/rawhide/i386/
>
> That's puzzling, those three are supplied by:
>
> aspell-0.33.7.1-21.i386.rpm
> pspell-0.12.2-16.i386.rpm
>
> Both RPMs are already installed.

it's probably looking for a newer version than those.

> With rpm, I'd ponder trashing the box. If the box was easy to recreate,
> I'd "--force" it on the next pass.

If you would try something for me:

take the daily release of yum from 10/05:
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download/daily/2.0/yum-2.0.3-20031005.noarch.rpm

update to that, then try the same command.

this might be a depresolution bug OR it could be an incomplete dep in
rawhide (incomplete deps in rawhide can happen)

-sv