[Yum] yum and RH9 license

Actually, I'm more concerned about Red Hat's agreement, not the GPL.

Does RH restrict you in any legal way from using Yum? Does RH impose any
legal roadblocks on NOT using up2date to keep your system updated?

Red Hat's license allows them to "audit" you at their discretion; I want to
ensure that by using YUM, we're not violating anything...

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           "Hedemark, Magnus"   |
|         |           <CHedemark@truepositi|
|         |           on.com>              |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           yum-bounces@xxxxxxxxx|
|         |           ug.duke.edu          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           10/06/2003 02:56 PM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           "Yellowdog Updater,  |
|         |           Modified"            |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  |       To:       "'Yellowdog Updater, Modified'" <yum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Yum] yum and RH9 license                                                                                |

Correct.  But it would still be nice if you bought something to help pay
for
those updates.

>  I know it
> doesn't make logical sense that RH would be able to collect a fee for
> applying maintenance to a box even though the maintenance
> doesn't come from
> Red Hat;  has anyone checked the wording of the License
> agreement for Red
> Hat 9?

You mean the Gnu GPL?

It's free speech and free beer.