[Yum] Newbie, Part II

So, as a result of enthusiastic support to my last question, I am going
to leave the default yum.conf in place, and update from the public
repos.

For now.

But in the mean time, I want to plan for my next tier of sophistication
in which I support my own repos. As I mentioned in my first post, I
tried to rsync one of the public repos and ran out of space after 3G.
Can somebody tell me how much space to dedicate to each of the 3 main
repos?

Jefficus