[Yum] Re: package gnome-vfs2 needs gnome-mime-data >= 2.0.0-11

>> Maybe yum should allow a transition from noarch to a defined arch
>> even when exactarch is set?!
>
>Seems a bit contrary to the term 'exact' doesn't it?
>
>-sv

True.. but the man page is a bit unclear about this issue:

--
exactarch
     1  or  0 - set to 1 to make yum update only update the architec-

This made me think it was more an option to keep you from grabbing
i686/athlon/whatever packages when you only wanted i386 ones.

"only update the architectures of packages that you have installed"

Doesn't everybody always have noarch installed too, in addition to
i386/whatever ?! :-)

And to make matters worse.. the default yum package has this set to 1.
So anybody trying yum to update RH8.0 to RH9 will bump into this (unless
you don't have the gnome packages.. but since the redhat-config packages
all use gnome, there is a great chance that gnome-vfs2 is installed).

(going from RH9 -> Fedora Core 1 might also raise this issue, so it
might be worth documenting?!)