[Yum] where are dulug fedora updates?

On 31 Oct 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 13:08, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   perhaps i'm just confused, but where are the "updates" RPMs
> > at mirror.dulug.duke.edu?  i'm asking as i'm in the midst of
> > an exchange on fedora test list, and someone just pointed out
> > that they're using initscripts-7.42, while my system is still
> > at initscripts-7.36.
> >
> >   where would i find these newer RPMs?  i already have an
> > updates entry in /etc/yum.conf, but checking there, there are
> > no RPMs in that yum repository, so my system seems to be a
> > bit behind the times.  what have i screwed up?
>
> rawhide.
>
> there are no 'fedora updates' just rawhide.

perhaps this is a naive question, but is it recommended to update against
rawhide as a matter of course these days?

previously, as i recall, there were "updates" which were generated for
reasons of bug fixes, security holes, etc.  then there was rawhide, for
leading edge, testing new features, that sort of thing.

so now, beyond the base fedora core distro, there is only rawhide?  and is
one expected to stay up to date against it?  what are others doing?

rday