[Yum] script run idea

On the same idea as Nagios and your crack at /etc/hosts et al, I've
already taken the preprocessor approach for hosts, netgroup, dhcpd
and named files for our departmental machines.

Like the benefits you mentioned for Nagios, the existing system could
be left as-is, but you allow people to use a possibly easier format or
tools to edit the file.

I think that yum could also benefit from the preprocessor approach,
especially if more and more additions are being made.  There is,
of course, no reason that users wouldn't be able to choose between
using the older format or the new.

--
  Wayne