[Yum] yum-tool

> Seth, I haven't contributed much to the project besides a lot of sheer
> blissful vibes radiating back to you every time I use the tool.  I've
> written at least one short HOWTO and therefore have worked through the
> SGML template.  You want me to tackle a howto as a contribution, or
> would you or Michael prefer to write it?  You certainly know more (and
> will have to check what I write and whomp me upside the head when it
> comes out stupid) but I probably type faster.  Than anybody, I
> mean...;-)

I think some more docs detailing use ideas and/or common uses would be a
great thing.

My main focus would be to not explain how a user can use yum to let them
install stuff on their own system but to explain how a sysadmin can use
yum to help them manage 100 systems consistently.

Maybe suggestion/layouts for using the -c command more aggressively
would be useful to have in a document such as this.

Some more example docs on the groups* commands in the newer releases.

Most importantly though I think some docs should be prescriptive more
than descriptive.

It should encourage rpm packaging and usage patterns that are conducive
to scalable systems administration.

ie: yum can make it easy to install a lot of pkgs on many systems.
However, it is still a good idea to keep many similar systems identical
for tracking/replication purposes.

Does that make sense?
-sv