[Yum] Basic auth fails in 1.97, works in previous versions

seth vidal wrote:
>>So, I have access to conf.serveruser[serverid] within urlgrabber?
>>Forgive my ignorance, but I don't see it coming in anywhere, or being
>>used anywhere.  This is where my confusion comes from I think.
>

> no - you have access to conf.serveruser[serverid] from anywhere where
> urlgrabber.retrygrab() is called - so you pass it in there.
>
> Not inside urlgrabber.

Ok.  I kind of got that bit through my skull last night, while reading
the rest of yum.  I've added the auth information as function arguments
for retrygrab and urlgrab (interestingly, I can't make urllib2 work
without a realm correctly set, so I'm adding a realm option as well).

>>Ok, so am I missing where this is being used in urlgrabber?  As far as I
>>can tell, everything that urlgrab uses comes in with the function
>>arguments--and the server config information isn't among them.
>

> right  - that's the whole point - you make them default to None unless
> filled in and ignored if they are none.

Ok, I've done that.  I'm not actually getting my data passed through,
but I'm guessing that just an oversight on my part, so I'll keep banging
on it.

Thanks, Seth!
--
Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>