[Yum] Multiple Repository Hell

seth vidal wrote:
>>>2. Several years that evolved into this format? Several years?? /me does
>>>a quick check on the lifetime of yum so far... Hmm you guys at fermi
>>>working with flux capacitors now-a-days? ;)
>>
>>When I say it took several years for this to settle into place, I'm meaning
>>the distributions and workgroups.  The yum section is just the final brick in
>>the wall.  (Actually probrubly not the final brick, just a major brick)
>>We've (mainly Connie Sieh who you occasionally see post here) been doing this
>>since RedHat 5.0, so the evolution started back then.
>>

> oh cmon. You didn't even make a remark about the flux capacitor
> snideness.
>
> I'm hurt, deeply, deeply hurt. ;)
>
> -sv

*laughs*  Sorry, it's too early in the morning.
To be honest, we do have a few flux capcitors.  I about fell over when I was
an operator and saw that in a training manual.  The only problem is that they
don't glow blue ... unless they are about to blow up.

I have to say that the thing I was most excited to see, but had the greatest
letdown was the device we use to strip the proton from the neutron.  I worked
here for about 4 years before I was able to see it.  It was in all my training
manuals, and it an vital part of the accelorator here.  And I finolly got to
see it.  But ... I won't let the secret out. nope ... not me.... ;)

Troy

Troy Dawson  dawson@xxxxxxxx  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/OSS  CSI Group