[Yum] Dependency tree?

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 12:12, Smith, Eric V. wrote:
> Is it possible to print a package dependency tree using yum?  For
> example, when I install emacs (say), it tells me a bunch of other rpms
> it needs to install.  One of them is perl.  I'd like to know if this is
> because emacs itself needs perl, or something emacs requires needs perl.

not currently. This is something that Michael and I were just hashing
out in my office and something that has been recently in more
discussion. At the moment I need to finish some new items and get a new
1.xx release and a new 2.xx release of yum out so I can work on
interesting things like this.

if you do an rpm -qp --requires emacs.rpm.here
you'll see perl is specifically required by the emacs rpm, though.

-sv