[Yum] Re: yum] More suggestions...

|| From seth vidal:
||  So I'm confused.
||  I thought the whole point of having a config file was so  people could
||  change the configuration of the program on their own.

Which is what I certainly do.  I was just voicing that the desire to
exclude kernels was echoed by me as well, and not that they should
necessarily be done by default.

||  what the justification for kernels being exlcuded?

I've had kernel upgrades go awry on me before.  It's the same,
irrational fear as upgrading BIOSes on machines.

||  kernels are handled correctly by yum. I've checked it countless
||  times.  Even if your lilo.conf/grub.conf is screwed up it will
||  still update correctly and it NEVER updates kernels it just
||  installs new ones.

I've certainly used yum for kernels as well, but I tend to avoid it on
live, remote machines that I can't easily fix if something goes wrong.
For new builds or personal builds, I'm all for yum keeping me on the
cutting/leading/bleeding edge.

--
  Wayne