[Yum] Re: yum] More suggestions...

|| From nathan r. hruby:
||  On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Wayne Pearson wrote:
||  > I, too, add
||  > 	exclude = kernel*
||  >
||  > to all my yum.confs.
||  I do the same thing and was just about to add a comment to the bug saying
||  to do that (kernel*) but then realized that, no, kernel* isn't what I
||  want.  Becasue that includes kernel-source and kernel-headers which are
||  needed at points (eg: glibc is built against -headers, and the source is
||  nice sometimes too) even if you don't want yum fooling with your kernel.

But how often  do you build to  a set of headers and  source if you're
not running that  kernel?  It might be needed,  say, to build software
that will  ultimately run on a  different machine, but for  me, I find
that a kernel upgrade on a machine  is the only time I need to upgrade
the (matching) headers and source.

--
  Wayne