[Yum] Re: yum] How do I get yum to mirror an RPM repository?

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 10:02, R P Herrold wrote:
> On 28 Jul 2003, Angel Gabriel wrote:
>
> > I would like to know how to get yum to locally mirror an RPM repository?
>
> yum is not designed to mirror -- consider wget, lftp, or the
> mirror per script for that purpose

Actually, one feature I'm thinking about adding to yum
is the ability to download from a yum repository everything
in the repository. (Everything being defined as the latest
version of everything per yum's version policies).

For distro builders like myself, rolling updated ISOs can be a pain
vis-a-vis incorporating errata and deleting older versions. So, since
yum figgers out latest versions already, I'd like to be able to
leverage it to build a new /YellowDog/RPMS/ that is current.

This is a bit of a slick/unimportant feature in the grand scheme, but
would save someone like me a lot of time.

So, I suppose you could use such a feature for mirroring purposes,
although it wouldn't grab everything, just the current bits. Maybe that
makes sense for mirroring, though. :-)