[Yum] YUM+FTP

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 05:34:07PM +0400, Sergey Mihailov wrote:
> ok.
>
> I use 2 years pureftpd.
> I create mail and send to : list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> title : " Bugs or no Bugs in PureFTPd "
>
> I WAIT ANSWER !

No one ever said this was a bug in pureftpd.  We just said that yum
works with many other ftp servers.

It's not clear what you want here.  We've already said the behavior
you dislike will be removed.  Do you want us to call it a bug?  It was
a deliberate design choice that had distinct advantages with some
known and unknown disadvantages.  We did not check it with every http
and ftp server known to man.  Sorry about that.

If you want it changed, all you have to do is wait.  We have said
we're going to change it.  If you want it faster, feel free to submit
patches.  However, I warn you that this is a complex and tricky
problem, and this code needs to work over a very very broad range of
situations.  Getting something that does that is tough, and making it
work in your case while silently breaking someone else's is completely
unacceptable.  That's the situation we're in.  If you want to give it
a shot, go right ahead.
					-Michael
--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxx