[Yum] Re: yum mirroring

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 15:35, Robert G. Brown wrote:
> Note that there IS an option that will almost certainly "work" to
> surpress this unwanted file transfer.  The --size-only flag tells rsync
> to ignore checksums and use only the size of the file to decide whether
> or not to transfer.  Given that the file size is NOT changing, I don't
> see how this could fail to prevent transfers.

This seems to do the trick. Thanks for the tip!

> Obviously you know that unless your organization relies on a binary that
> cannot be rebuilt and only runs on 6.2 libraries or has some very old
> machines that one cannot reasonably upgrade to run a more recent
> version, everything else in 6.2 is a potential security problem, a

With the current RH release timetable it is no use to try to keep the
servers up to date in RHL releases :( I simply do not have the time to
test and upgrade. Easier to try to provide the upgrades myself for
services that are open to network. This is only a security issue: 6.2
has been _very_ stable at least for me. The rsync problem happens with
other updates too, so it is not just a 6.2 thing anyway.

Thanks again for your help,
--
Peter Peltonen <peter.peltonen@xxxxxx>