[Yum] Re: yum mirroring

Dear Peter,

I finally got to where I could do a little testing, and think you'll be
perfectly happy if you just change -vv to -v.  If it still shows files
being "transferred" but no data at the same time, try eliminating the
"--partial" argument and see what happens.  Either it suddenly will
start taking hours for the transfer (retransferring them entirely) or it
will shut up and soldier.  The behavior you're seeing is exactly as if a
"partial" transfer is being somehow triggered for files that are really
up to date, so it sends the "rest of the file", which turns out to be of
size zero.  Maybe even an rsync bug?  Or perhaps an oddity triggered by
server-side scripts, as I noted, that rsync copes with smoothly BECAUSE
you are using the --partial feature and it uses it to avoid an unneeded
transfer.

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@xxxxxxxxxxxx