[Yum] yum update (was: ATrpms yum problem)

> So is the only difference with update and upgrade that upgrade checks
> the obsoletes and update does not? I should use upgrade always instead
> of update? What harm is there to check obsoletes -- why does not update
> do it?

zebra and gated - among other ones.

zebra obsoletes gated
gated obsoletes zebra

if you have one installed and obsoletes are always consulted then they
will replace one another, back and forth, every time you run yum.

Ditto with apt, in fact.

The only reason up2date doesn't hit this problem is b/c they break the
obsoleting loop intentionally on the server side.

-sv