[Yum] Repository Prioritization

> 4) have a [priority] section for containing global priority policies.
>    This could include things like:
>
>    basepriority = 50       # if you want to start from 50 instead of 0
>
>    filebonus = 20          # added if package has a "file://" url
>
>    gpgcheckbonus = 10      # added if gpgcheck is on
>
>    packagerbonus = 10   Seth Vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>                    -10  Konstantin Riabitsev <icon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'd love to know how you can get this information at the package listing
stage.

If all you have is the header.info file to build the lists of packages
from then you can't bring in or toss out a package based on packager yet
- you don't necessarily have the header yet to figure out more data of
the rpm.

> 5) You could possibly even extend the script idea so that you could
>    have something like
>
>    prioritymodule = /etc/yum.d/priority.py

I think debugging these items will be more trouble than they're worth in
the long run.

Remember, infinite flexibility is not, to me, as interesting as simple
use.

-sv