[Yum] deploying and maintaining linux networks howto

> Rob Brown, who posted here earlier has put together a good=20
> article about
> scalable system development. I think we've done a good job of
> implementing a pretty scalable system based on Red Hat Linux,=20
> kickstart,
> pxe and yum at duke, particularly in the physics department.=20

I'd be interested in seeing that article.  I'd also be interested in =
learning how to dovetail pxe into our environment.

> The generalized case is easy though, you must get a point where you
> create a certain economy of scale for the systems you're maintaining.

There's been some discussion on the Infrastructures mailing list about =
being able to reliably recreate a system using a properly created =
infrastructure.  Certain points such as order dependency were brought =
up.  That is, 2 systems might have different (x)inetd setups, at least =
as far as MD5 on the config file(s) is concerned.  However, they may be =
functionally identical.

jc