[Yum] Problem installing multiple rpms

On 10 Apr 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> It's expected behavior.
>
> yum update acts similarly - if you invoke it with
>
> yum update pkg1 pkg2 pkg3
> and pkg1 is fully updated then it will exit, too.

	VDQ (Very Dumb Question): so the expected behavior of the user
in that case is to try

	yum update pkg2 pkg3

and then if it exits again,

	yum update pkg3

and so on, for however many pkg# there are?

	If so, is there a way to automate it? Should there be?

	I can't speak for yum, but I've certainly hit situations with
rpm -Uvh where I had to use whatever.*.rpm -- either because I had
several installed and needed several more in optimal sequence, or just
because I needed a whole wad of them. And it worked. Dunno if the
comparison is relevant ....
--
Beartooth the Stubborn <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
Double Retiree, Neo-Redneck, Linuxer's Apprentice