[Yum] yum-arch on Solaris?

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 16:34, Paul Mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just started looking at yum today as a replacement for our current
> RedHat repository based on apt-get.  Looking very promising, but the
> snag is that I have to host the repository for the RedHat RPMs on a
> Solaris system for boring local reasons.  I bent the scripts which made
> the apt repository a bit to make them work on Solaris, but the snag is
> that doing the same to make yum-arch work on Solaris appears more
> tricky.  I'm pretty much totally ignorant of python, so I'm a bit lost
> here.  But all I want is to make yum-arch work on Solaris to produce
> the headers files.
>
> Any chance of me getting this working?  I have Python 1.5.2 on the
> system in question, and compiled and made yum 1.0 ok.  But when I try
> and execute yum-arch, it seems to need a module for rpm (presumably
> so it can understand the contents of each RPM):

The headers can be transferred around cleanly and at will.

might be easier to build them on a linux box then xfer them over to your
fileserver. I do that here and my fileserver IS a linux box.

> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/Install/yum/bin/yum-arch", line 23, in ?
>     import pullheaders
>   File "pullheaders.py", line 23, in ?
>     import rpm
> ImportError: No module named rpm
>
> Can any kind soul tell me a way I might be able to get this working,
> or tell me not to try as it's a non-starter?

What it is asking for here is the rpm python installation.

you should be able to build rpm in solaris w/o too much trouble, just
make sure the python bindings build too then install the python bindings
in the site-packages path for python.

-sv