[Yum] local directory support

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003, Francois Massonneau wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry, but I'm totally new at yum, I've just discovered it this morning
> and downloaded the necessary file.
> First I want to say is that it works perfectly fine, out of the box.
> Great job.

Welcome!!

> Now, these are the questions : sorry, but I'm a totally newbie, but I've
> read the archives of the mailing list first (but not all messages ;-) )
>
> - I don't run a server, and my connection to the internet is using a
> simple modem (33600 ;-( ), but I would like to be able to tell "yum" to
> look somewhere on my hard drives for new packages. I use to download
> and install from time to time new packages, and to build packages of my
> own. So would it be possible to add to yum.conf something like :
> [local_files]
> name=Misc File locally available on my system
> baseurl=/usr/local/misc/update/addons/

AFAIK you need at least an ftp server. Just setup vsftp or something similar
for your internal use.

> - Is there a graphical user interface. I saw messages about that last
> month.

Not yet.

> - is there a parameter to tell yum not to keep downloaded files from a
> specific location ? If the answer is yes, to my first question (a
> support for a kind of local repository), I would not like to have the
> same files in my local directories, and in the /var/cache/yum
> directory. Just the ones downloaded from the internet are interested to
> me to keep.

Not at this time. It has been talked about in the past but I am not sure
when if ever Seth will implement it.

> thanks a lot, and sorry for my english but that's not my native
> language.

You did just fine.

Hope this helps.

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....