[Yum] yum repository disk usage

I got to thinking that one of the cool things about yum is that it's
so easy and cheap for people to put up yum repositories.  I'm not just
talking about people who USE yum, but also people who maintain general
purpose repositories of rpms (such as freshrpms.net).

Anyway, we all know how easy it is to run yum-arch, but I was
wondering about disk usage, so I did a quick little (not overly
scientific) test on RHL 9.  Here are the results:

                          number of packages: ~1400
                          total size of rpms: 1.7 GB
   total size of yum metadata (headers, etc): 17 MB

1% is pretty damned good.  </shill>

				-Michael
--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxx