[Yum] Re: Building the yum 2.0 daily

On 3 Apr 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> grab the src.rpm for the latest yum-phoebe
> rpm -ivh the src.rpm
>
> put the latest daily in the SOURCES dir
> change the date in the spec file from yum-phoebe for source
>
> build the file.
>
> that should work.
>
> using the spec inside the daily release tarball will most likely
> not-so-work.

Just to clairify, what you are saying is use the specfile from the
latest yum-phoebe.src.rpm to build the latest 2.0 daily??

If that is what you mean I still get the same error. I just turned off
the error check and it builds ok.

Anyway I installed it on my RHL 9 machine and it appears to work fine,
except it does not understand the $releasever and $basearch variables
in the config file.

IMO this is working good enough to wait for the "Official release for RHL 9"

I also found out I need to look at my vsftp config as downloading all of the
headers at one time made my ftp server timeout. :-)

Thanks for the help,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....