[Yum] Re: yum and Red Hat 9

On 2 Apr 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 10:08, Tom Diehl wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I know Seth was/is working on yum for Red Hat 9. I was just wondering what
> > is the status of it?
> >

> Status is this: it works with the yum-phoebe releases. The dailies are
> better. I'll have something that resembles a final for rhl 9 before the
> public release date.

Cool!! I do not know where you find the time for all of this but I really
appreciate your work.

> I spent a lot of time on a plane this weekend and I got some good stuff
> done then. I have a checklist to do to make something workable for rhl 9
> at which point I'll put out an rpm for it.
>
> I'm updating a box to 9 from phoebe3 right now - using yum-phoebe.

I am planning to upgrade an 8.0 test box I have to 9 later today. Should I
just grab the latest daily to test with or is there something else I should
use?

Also in order to use yum on 9 do I have to build it on 9? I think so but I
an not 100% sure.

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....